When the water in your kitchen sink or tub drain slowly, it’s because of a clogged drain. There are some practical tools for clearing slow-draining sinks like Vinegar, baking soda, borax, and hot water.
Preparing The Drain Mixture
First, you have to drain water from the sink or tub. If this draining takes you a lot of time, it’s probably better to wait because the results are much better and faster for drain-clearing mixture.
There are a few options for creating a good drain opener. You have to mix vinegar and some other substance to create a chemical reaction. These are some of the substance:
• Vinegar – the acidic base for creating the chemical reaction.
• Lemon juice – acidic like vinegar, smells very nice.
• Baking soda – used as a multipurpose cleaner.
• Salt – helps eat away at the clog.
• Borax – used as a multipurpose cleaner.
Fill the drain with vinegar and some other substance. When the reaction occurs, the mixture will foam up.
• The Content of vinegar and baking soda combination: use 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
• The Content of lemon juice and baking soda combination: use 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of lemon juice.
• This is the salt, borax, and vinegar combination: use 1/4 cup of borax, 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of salt.
Agitating The Clog
Let the mixture sit and cover-up. Close the drain for a few minutes. The foam will be working on wearing down the clog during this time.
You can use a small plunger to shake the clogged-up material. When you made a seal, push up and down on the rubber base of the plunger.
• Probably, plunging works best when you fill sink with water.
You can use suspender to pull out the clog. For clearing drain when it’s clogged with hair, you can take a metal suspender and twist it until you have a long piece of metal with a small hook at the end. Put the hook into the drain and try to catch the clog. Pull the wire back when you picked the clog.
Now you can use a drain snake; it looks like a long metal rope. When the snake is stacked into the drain, you will need to turn the cable. And now you catch onto the clog. Pull the snake out, and drain should be cleared.
• For your safety were gloves because the metal is sharp.
Flushing The Drain
Take at least 6 cups of hot water and boil it. Pour the hot water into the drain.
• Use boiling water if you have a plastic pipeline.
You should be repeating this process until the drain becomes clean and clear.
• If the clog persistently resists draining, you have a very serious stuck, and if the drain entirely stops up, you need to get in touch with the plumber.
Fill the tub with hot water, and use gravity and pressure to flush the drain. And at the end open the drain and let the pressure help break up the remaining clog.